Thomas Leitner writes:
  : For instance for mysql, I'm starting ssh on my side like this:
  :
  : ssh -n -S +C -l remote-user -L 3316:customer-intranet-ip:3316 customer1
  :
  : I don't want a session channel (hence the -S) because I don't want my
  : users to mess with customer's machine other than using the tunneled mysql
  : connection.
  :
  : As soon as the connection is established, I get this:
  :
  : warning: ssh2[22120]: number of forwarded channels still open, forked to
  : background to wait for completion.
  :
  : However, I don't get it every time. Sometimes the message appears when the
  : connection is terminated.
  :
  : I don't care about the message, I just want the tunnel to stay open
  : until ssh is terminated so that multiple simultaneous or consecutive
  : HTTP requests can be handled over it.
  :
  : Any ideas anyone? I'm running ssh 2.1.0 on Tru64 4.0f. The server has ssh
  : 2.0 on Solaris 2.6.

As of ssh-2.1.0, the behaviour of the "-f" parameter (fork to
background) was changed so that if forwards are specified, it will
handle them indefinitely. So, you could do the above like this:

% ssh -f +C -l remote-user -L 3316:customer-intranet-ip:3316 customer1

The'-n' and '-S' are implied with '-f'. This should do what you want.

Note: after this, you have to kill the ssh2 process yourself using its
pid (use ps -ef | grep ssh2 or something).

--
[[EMAIL PROTECTED]          --  Sami J. Lehtinen  --           [EMAIL PROTECTED]]
[work:+358 9 85657425][gsm:+358 50 5170 258][http://www.iki.fi/~sjl]