I'm not very familiar with VNC (I've never actually installed it).
However, it sounds like you could use local firewall features (IPFW) to
restrict access to the VNC server port to connections from localhost [the
SSH server].

On a related application, the SSH Secure Shell for Workstations (the
commercial Windows client, available from www.ssh.com) includes a
command-line client that fully supports piping stdin/stdout through the
SSH client on Windows. Most of our Windows developers use it
with WinCVS to securely use a Unix-based CVS server (that of course
has SSH server running).

I'm not sure if the same setup can be used with VNC, but it might be worth
giving a thought as well.

    Tatu

--
SSH Communications Security           http://www.ssh.com/