Platform : HPUX 10.20 with trusted mode
ssh-2.4.0      from ssh communications security
ssh-1.2.31   from ssh communications security
gcc compiler.

I compiled ssh1 first on HPUX 10.20 using gcc successfully and then compiled
ssh2 on the same server. The following changes were made in
/etc/ssh2/sshd2_config to allow ssh1 compatability  ( Ssh1compatability=yes,
Ssh1Path=/opt/ssh/sbin/sshd1 ).

Now if I run sshd ( sshd2) using -i option in inetd mode ( sshd -i ), I am able
to connect successfully using ssh2 client. If I try to conenct using ssh1 client
, the connection is unsuccessfull with error "Bad remote protocol version
identification".

If I run sshd (sshd2) without -i  option, I can connect using ssh2 & ssh1
clients.

Any suggetions or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravindra