On Mandrake Linux 6.2, here is the pam configuration I used for sshd:

[pascal@triton linux]$ ssh hermes cat /etc/pam.d/sshd
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nodelay
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok use_authtok
session    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session    required     /lib/security/pam_limits.so

In addition, I put a copy of  the public keys on the remote host and a
copy of the known_hosts{,2} files from the remote to the local.

[pascal@triton linux]$ /bin/ls ~/.ssh
authorized_keys  authorized_keys2  id_dsa       id_dsa.pub
identity         identity.pub      known_hosts  known_hosts2

[pascal@triton linux]$ ssh hermes ls -C .ssh
authorized_keys  authorized_keys2  known_hosts  known_hosts2

And as you can see, I can ssh to the remote host (hermes) without a password.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__   Join the   (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon campaign against   //\ the computer industry all around