Sorry I wasn't clear.

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro on a laptop. I downloaded an evaluation copy of
SSH 2.4 from the SSH website and ran the installation program from Windows
Explorer.

I then signed up for the non-commercial license and proceeded to download a
permanent copy of SSH from the SSH website. No options were offered as to
what version I wanted. It turned out to be 2.3.

When I attempted to install it by double-clicking on the executable in
Windows Explorer, the installation program aborted with a message to the
effect of "Aborting installation. You have a newer version of SSH on your
system."

So I deleted the SSH folder in Windows Explorer, searched for files with
"ssh" in the name and deleted the ones related to SSH. I tried the
installation again with the same result.

Thanks for your help.

Ian White
Essex Symphony Orchestra
[EMAIL PROTECTED]