Hi,

I'm running OpenSSH 2.9p1 on MacOS X and SSH 2.4.0 on a Redhat Linux
box. The two do not do public key authentication, it drops back to
password authentication.

The linux box can do public key authentication with other SSH 2.4.0
machines, just not with the OpenSSH machine. The OpenSSH machine can do
public key authentication with itself, so I assume that if I had another
OpenSSH machine to test with it would work fine.

At work this is an issue also. As the OS X machines are arriving, I'm
hearing that connections to the Solaris/IRIX machines running SSH are
dropping back to password authentication.

I'd really like to know what is causing us not to be able to use
public key authentication, all replies are appreciated.

Karen