From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 8:56 AM
To: Multiple recipients of sslivesteam
Subject: Valve Gear

     Lee Hill ----  I am really impressed with your treatise of the
Walschaert (I wish I knew how to pronounce that)  valve gear used on the C&S
Mogul.   You sure don't sound like much of a novice to me.   I too am just
starting into this hobby, (God and my wife forgive me)  and you answered a
number of questions that I had about valve gear.   I know what they do, but
I'll be damed if I can figure out how they work.  I guess I will be
satisfied
that they do for now.   Thanks for your time and effort-----very
informative.
  We must keep in mind, "Does it run right, Does it look ok? then it is
OK!!!
   we don't need every damn rivet!!!