PATRICK DARBY wrote:

> Lloyd,
>      IMHO it is a really fun project. ...  The Midwest boiler must be silver
> soldered
> together which is the hardest part of the whole project,

The Midwest boiler DOES NOT (not shouting, just emphasizing!) require silver
soldering.  My boiler was built per Midwest's instructions (ie. soft soldered)
and has countless hours on it.  There was a day that I let it run dry and it did
spring a leak.  (rather uneventful)  It was easily remedied and has performed
flawlessly since.  No permanent damage was caused by my failure to fill the
boiler before lighting the fuel!

--
Michael Martin
(Designer of the BAGRS Project Engine)