> [Alcohol] is quieter than gas but requires more safety because of spills.

There was a trick someone mentioned last year on the other
livesteam list: add a pinch of baking soda to your alcohol.  The
sodium burns with a visible yellow flame, but doesn't affect the
efficiency of the alcohol.

> [Aster C&S Moguls] have a great chug (stack bark) for a small
> engine.

It is quite loud, but it's also thin and metallic sounding to my ear.  I
always wonder if some loose nut is rattling around in the smokebox.
 I wonder if anyone's done any experimentation what that engine to
improve the resonance of the exhaust?

-vance-