<< Some messages on this thread mention a butane-propane fuel mix.  Is it
safe
 >to be using a fuel with propane in it for our models?
 >
 >Casey Sterbenz >>

The issue here is is it safe to be using the mix.   Because many of us use it
for various reasons does not make it safe.  Until it is properly tested and
documented it cannot be considered to be safe.  I would recommend caution in
using a mixture for that very reason.  If a manufacturer says use only 100
percent butane I would follow that recommendation until they say otherwise.
One injury or death is not worth the few dollars that is saved.  A large
percentage of accident are caused by people failing to follow operating
instructions.  The manufacturers make the specifications for operation for a
reason,  your safety.