A sudden thought.  I've never seen square steel tubing that did not have a
seam in it. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I just don't remember seeing
it.

    Another thought that may get me in trouble. How safe is safe?  It might
be possible to build a tank that would, for all practical purposes, be
failure proof.  But would it fit and be practical to put in a Gauge 1 loco?
I don't think so.  We all take chances.  It's all a matter of degree.
Putting propane in a tank designed only for butane is folly. After reading
all the research and testing Charlie Mynhier put into his tank, I'd trust it
without a question.  Anyone who wants to go their own way must be at least
that careful.

Phil.P. Reading,Pa.

> Walt's comments about work-hardened metal and internal stresses is a
concern
> of mine about Bob's original question about the use of square steel tubing
> for tank material.  I would not think that square steel tubing is pressure
> rated at all.  Therefore I would question its consistency batch to batch
for
> use as a pressurized fuel tank.  I am thankful for the experts' input.
Their