Bob Blackson and I are both members of PLS and have run together several
times. Bob and I don't completely agree on everything and that's part of the
fun too. The Roundhouse SR & RL 24 does have a natural chuff that is
notieable if the loco has a fair size train on it and it is run in a quiet
surrounding. Under those conditions I'll unplug the wire to the added chuff.
Roundhouse advises against notching the Sandy River and I've not tried it.
Jeff Runge has notched his Aster Mikado with spectacular results. His Mike
with a 20 car load and notched has a very pronounced "sharp" chuff.

    On RCS,I've chatted with Tony several times (on the Thur. Nite SIG chat
group) and It was only after he answered some questions that I decided to go
with RCS.  My only big dissappointment is the one Bob mentions about having
to sequence the present unit to get from forward to reverse and back. The
fix is on the way for that and I've pested Tony for most of the summer off
and on about when the new chip is going to be ready.   I'm still a big RCS
fan because of Tony's support and the convenience of  operating. If you're
into live steam and added sound systems, it's the only way to go unless you
want to mess with extra servos and micro switches. You also have the problem
of finding a legal  radio with the added functions(channels)

    We've got a run day at PLS( Pa. Live Steamers ) this Sunday.

Phil.P. Reading,PA.

> > ........I've chatted with Tony several times about his RCS system and
Sierra
> > Sound system. I have them both in in my Roundhouse SR & RL 24 and have
great
> > fun with it. The only thing I've done is to rig the chuff with the reed
> > switch and magnets to the wheels on the combine I use behind the tender.
The