As I understand Landon's idea, what he has done is to take the components
of a Stephenson's valve gear, and split it so that one eccentric is on the
next axle, facing backwards.
And then connected the two eccentric eyes with a straight link, the two
eccentrics being timed at 180 degrees to each other, so that when the link
is up you get one timing, when it is down you get the other.
Will it work ?
I think the short answer is yes indeed it will work. Proportions will have
to be worked out properly to avoid snags as the things rotate, but that is
normal.
The 180 degrees will need a look at, because valves move at odd timing
relative to forwards and reverse, but no matter.
There is one thing about this design which can only be worked out by
putting it on paper.  Does it notch-up properly ?
Stephenson's advances timing as it is notched up. Does this one ?
It would not if the eccentrics are at 180 degrees, but they probly won't
be. Can't think through that one, though.
But in our sizes, notching up is probably irrelevant, one timing for go,
and one for reverse.
But on the straight-link idea, absolutely OK.
There is a recent Aster loco with Allan's straight-link design.
http://www.sell-it-easy.de/fulgurex/english/
Scroll to the T3 loco.
Peter Trounce.