> Speaking of things Ruby, is there a way to "widen" the diameter of the
> curve on the domes (where it sits on the boiler) to account for an extra
> 1/8" of material with the lagging that doesn't involve hours with
> sandpaper around a tube?

Only if you have a lathe with a fly cutter and are willing to do some fancy setup
work.  Kozo shows how to do this in his books with a faceplate, but it requires
carefully counterbalancing the work so the headstock doesn't bounce around.
 I used the sandpaper-on-a-disk trick and it didn't take too terribly long.  I
made the carrier with a hole cutter (trepanning tool) and a piece of 2x4 pine,
with a 1/4-20 bolt through the center hole.  Sometimes, doing it the "right"
way involves much more time and effort than just doing it the "cowboy" way.

-vance-