Hello Geoff and Listers.

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:34:31 -0800, you wrote:

> Hallo, Clark Tony, Tony, Kevin and Listers
>
>Thanks for all your input--I must comment that my SR Schools is 25 years
>old and it's a wonderful loco to run when  friends drop in at short notice
>to see the trains. Great minds think alike, Clark!! My Finescale 48xx is
>another loco that is so easy to run--only needing one coach to be
>prototypical. Incidentally, I like NG and have two Brit locos plus one
>American--it's just that the 1/32 ers were not participating enough, for I
>know there are many out there--and many of those modeling in several
>scales.--You Clark, for example.

You should see what the reaction is from the 1:29 manufacturers when
anyone has the temerity to question the accuracy of 1:29 scale models
on 45mm gauge track.
Many of 1:29 LS'ers are horrified at the thought of 1:32 of making
inroads into their precious Toy Scale and possibly/probably causing
the end of the World by letting 1:32 become the more popular scale.
Their spleen is then well vented in the various forums on the Net.

At least one of the 1:29 manufacturers has admitted that they come
from a Toy Train background and will stay in that field.  To even
contemplate 1:32 is an anathema to them.  1:29 it is so there.

Can't blame the 1:29 interests I suppose. They are simply looking
after their own little bailiwick.

The only real way of expanding the scope of Live Steam in 1:32 scale
is to have  available 1:32 scale models of rolling stock.  This is not
going to happen unless we agitate for it.
Write to the manufacturers and point out to them what you want.
Don't be put off by īt's all too hard" or "Put up the money or shut
up" like a certain manufacturer recently told 1:32 fans at one website
forum.

Bachmann have proved that there is significant interest in accurately
scaled LS models.  It is about time those of us who appreciate the
importance of 1:32 scale should take up the cudgels for our own self
interest.

BIG SNIP

Best wishes,

Tony Walsham.