Like so many others on the list, I too have heard the "urban legend" about a
friend of a friend who had a small boiler erupt. That's probably all it is. A
legend. In fact the only proof that I've ever seen is of a 1:1 scale steamer. ( I
have pictures of that one if anyone is interested. SCARY!)
  I can personally attest to the solder joints on one of our small boilers
withstanding quite abnormal conditions. I crushed a Roundhouse boiler during a truck
wreck. The boiler was completely destroyed but the solder joints were still intact.
Even in the areas that received heavy damage.
  Looking back, I wish that I had kept the boiler and given it to Roundhouse. At the
time of the wreck I felt rather lucky to be alive and wanted nothing as a reminder
of the incident so I threw the boiler in the scrap hopper at work after my insurance
adjuster saw it. I even threw the pictures away later.

Later,
Trent

P.S.- Usual disclaimers. Not associated with Roundhouse, I just buy their products.