That may be true today.  The earlier models had a
larger orifice.  If you remember the one we changed at
my place had the original jet and the opening appeared
to be 1.5X the size of the #3 we installed.  There has
been considerable discussion about this change, all
either neutral or positive when it comes to extending
run time.
mike