Hi I am the proud owner of  an lms mogul No. 94

>   I've only recently been hearing about the Bassett Lowke LMS Mogul live
> steam engine that is available. It's for O gauge so it really wouldn't
> be of use to me other than for the joy of having it. They seem
> relatively inexpensive, but having not seen one personally for a close
> inspection, I can only assume that it lacks details to keep the price
> down.

In reality it looks far better than the pictures which I must admit look a
bit toy like - I have fired mine once so far on a 10 foot inside test bed -
It ran like a dream. Plenty of power.
 I have been around an older (early 1900's?) Bassett Lowke and it
> really was "toy-like". Then again, most of the live steamers from that
> era were similarly constructed.

It may be a copy of the 1930 s BL moguls but I think the build quality is
excellent.
I originally bought mine as a must have just to own, but am now building a
garden railway just to run it .
I cant stand the idea of things being just owned and never given a chance to
show what they can do.

BTW if you can get the LMS version in black then get it in preference to the
maroon LMS version even though they are basically the same loco the maroon
looks more toy like .

Anyone know of any other 0 gauge live steam locos - my mogul needs company

Mike Nelson