<< Have you "pickled" the clean brass in a mild acid to provide some
 "teeth" for the paint to grip?  Did you bake the painted brass in an
 oven before significant handling?  Charles >>
I have tried a little Muratic acid but it seems to discolor the brass and
does not really help the paint adhesion.  It is rather difficult to bake the
brass after painting as is installed on the engine and I would have to cook
the whole thing..
     Vance-
     Is your method of blackening brass in your web page?  If not could you
contact me off list and give me some more details.
     By the way my Ruby to Rosie conversion is coming along and hopefully
will be ready in 10 days!!
Salty