Just a suggestion. I have not tried this , but it seems like it should work.
Lay the rail on its side between 2 pieces of wood.
Slide a weight along the rail until a definite bend is noticed. Mark the
rail and turn it over 180 degrees. Run the test again. If there is a
significant difference in the bend point, you'll have a good stating point.
Do it from both ends of the rail of course.

Phil.P. Reading,Pa.