Hi,
Lest we forget, stainless steel is just what the word is made of -- it means
the material stains (rusts) LESS than other steel materials. It does not mean
it will never stain!  Be sure to know what grade or alloy of stainless you
are getting and get a good "definition" of it from the supplier. Some of the
stainless grades are easy to machine, others are tough or 'sticky', and of
course the staining characteristics vary all over the place. I'm sure this is
adding to the confusion, but I just want folks to be aware that the generic
name stainless steel embraces a magnitude of different products. For general
use and good looks, Iike 304 stainless.
Keep your steam up!
Walt