Harry, but we are talking about a pressurized
>system and the water won't just "push" the oil into the steam line--there
>MUST be a pressure differential! Certainly the water displaces the oil, (
>thus a displacement lubricator)-

Geoff, and others, Oil floats on water that is the only "presure " needed. The whole
system is under the same
pressure so where can the differential come from?. Take a small glass tube closed at
the bottom, fill it half with
oil. Fill the other half with water... Watch what happens. Oil rises to the top,keep
pouring water in and in time
the oil will be gone with water remaining. This will happen in an open atmosphere or a
closed system under
pressure.

Gary