Just a note on Carb cleaner...  Brake cleaner may work better as the Carb
stuff contains a lubricant to protect the bearings and seals after
cleaning.  Brake cleaner does the exact same thing as Carb cleaner but
without any thoughts to moving part protection.  :)

And yes, Brake cleaner will solve just about anything it comes in contact
with, including plastic.

Trot, the solv-ant, fox...

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Trent Dowler wrote:

> Harry and list,
>
>   Regardless which variety of layout fluid is used, carburetor cleaner will
> work really well for getting it off. Just be extremely careful what you get the
> carburetor cleaner on because it attacks some rubber and plastics (caliper
> faces will suffer!), most paint, and will remove residual oil and therefore
> parts should be well oiled to prevent rust after it is used. Most of all, DO
> NOT GET CARBURETOR CLEANER IN YOUR EYES! (I cannot stress this enough) On the
> up side (now that I've scared you), it's a lot cheaper than Dykem remover and
> is a great degreaser and cleaner.
>   Sorry so long winded, just thought it might help.
>
> Later,
> Trent

 /\_/\        TrotFox        \ Always remember,
( o o )  AKA Landon Solomon   \ "There is a