A tool I found very helpful in bending copper tubing
is a spring device available through most hardware
stores. The device is sized for the od of the tubing
you want to bend. In operation you feed the tube
through the spring and then bend the spring with
tubing captured inside around a form. This prevents
kinking.
mp