With these questions of using a Dremel with the it's adapter base, I would
think that the inaccuracies and hassle of using it would not warrant it's
considerations.
    I just looked at the Sherline page and a Model 5000 mill is $550.  I
imagine that the Dremel set up is considerably cheaper, but the work that is
possible on the better machine would make me want to save my pennies.  I have
made a lot of stuff on my Sherline equipment and I would highly recommend
them.
    I really have nothing against the Dremel tool, but to me, for my uses,
even a flexshaft hooked to a sewing machine motor has always been more useful
and versatile.  You can get a flexshaft for quite cheap and find an old
sewing machine and take the foot pedal and motor and have a really good set
up for cheap.
I have no connections to Sherline
Bob Starr