Hi Walt;

    You said examined. Does that mean cleaned?  Rig a piece of silicon
tubing to the jet itself and blow some fresh butane through it. You can also
put a fine piece of wire through he jet, although some say this is bad
practice. If it appears clogged, blow through the jet backwards to clear the
clog.

Phil.P. Reading,PA.