I intend to buy Lady Anne from Roundhouse. I would
prefer her with an inside frame so that I can see the
complete wheels. Besides, I would like to see the
excess steam to exit through a whistle soldered onto
the safety valve. Has anyone experience with these
modifications and could refer me to someone who could
do it.

What are the parts of a slide valve and piston valve,
how do they work? All I know is that slide valves are
superior because you can easily fix leaks in the
seals. Is there anywhere information on the web
(descriptions, drawings, etc.)?

It seems that there are no 45mm live steam enthusiasts
in Montreal or close by. I would appreciate to see a
loco in operation before I buy my first one.

Regards,

Matthias