On Wednesday, October 3, 2001, at 05:17  pm, Ciambrone, Steve @ OS wrote:

> Has anyone installed R/C into an Excelsior yet?  The rear bunker is
> fitted
> with a R/C switch cutout as supplied and I have some ideas of what to
> do but
> would like to see how someone has attacked the same problem.  I am only
> interested in controlling the throttle at this point.
>

> begin 600 winmail.dat
> M>)\^(C80`0:0"``$```````!``$``0>0!@`(````Y`0```````#H``$(@`<`
> M&````$E032Y-:6-R;W-O9G0@36%I;"Y.;W1E`#$(`06``P`.````T0<*``,`
> M"0`1`#4``P`W`0$@@`,`#@```-$'"@`#``D`$0`U``,`-P$!"8`!`"$````X

Dunno what the hash is Steve but Excelsior is controlled with a single
servo for speed AND
  direction, the original 'throttle being used as just a 'steam stop
valve'.  It works in the same way as single channel Pearse locos and the
reversing piston valve below the smoke box is actually a reverser
regulator.  You need to remove the reversing gate, fit a servo in the
sidetank and make up a linkage using partly the reversing linkage
already in place
Yours Aye

Tag Gorton

Longlands & Western Railway