Harry et al,

That's why every displacement  lubricator should have a regulating  valve!
Easier with a dead leg. My talented  "loner" friend  nearly always installs
an adjustment control.

As a point of interest, he built a lubricator on one loco with a reservior
utilizing a  steam powered piston to force  the oil into the cylinders.
Trouble was; altho the system worked very well, it was a pain to close the
steam admission to the lubricator when the loco was stopped,  and  the
piston kept forcing the oil into the engine. I suppose RC buffs could use
one servo to close the regulator (sorry, throttle!) and the lubricator
steam feed at the same time.

As for me, the more oil,  the better,  (like the beer in DH! ) there are
always a lot of young chaps (Like Lunkheimer's Asst) around to wipe off the
track at DH  after I have steamed and to pick me up later at the bar!

Well yer lucky, I am only  bringing one small loco- (Aster Pannier ) by
UPS. I am worried about a hassle and possible loss putting a loco or two in
the check-in luggage--it is screened now at our little airport .  Some
security employees understand  little steam locos but with all the changes
and the Feds involved, I am very dubious. Then there is UPS-with the
surplus outdated rockets I suspect they use  to blast from one  unloading
dock to the next.

Well, there is always the back yard track, but it's always raining--and-- I
mean RAIN!!

Geoff.