Another solution that my Dad uses on a regular basis for "de-rusting"
old tools is to submerge the parts in white vinegar. He uses an old cast
iron kettle and has a piece of electrical conduit laying across the top
with coat hangers used as hooks to suspend the parts and ease their
retrieval.
   I've used a paint can for small parts.
   Works surprisingly well, but it will take a day or so for surface
rust. A week or two on a badly rusted part.
   Might I suggest that you find a place outside that you can cover the
container and avoid stinking up your shop. The vinegar "bubbles" so I'm
guessing that you wouldn't want to seal it up tight.
   Hope it helps.

Later,
Trent