Greetings  list,

I'm impressed, I'm also in deep haddock's water  judging by this  list
discussion on boilers and water. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown!

Why?   I always leave water (distilled) a little, or a lot depending  on
how I end steaming on a particular day. My Aster Schools is nigh on thirty
years old--should I turn it into the scrap yard??--it still runs O.K.
Admitted,  none of my locos are exposed to freezing temps.

Then my friend has his 45 year old 3/4" scale loco that has always had
water left in the boiler.
--it is a fantastic runner. To the scrap heap, I guess.

I sure am glad I run my trains, have fun. So while youall conjugate and
worry, I'm off to fire up my   Schools with it's "always"  partly watered
boiler.

With fire and steam,

Geoff--Burp!