Hi Gary.

I've got one too.  Thhe sort of crabbing sounds like the drive train is
causing it to happen.  -  Been there.   Check the sliding joints and the
universals are free to move well and freely - on sharp curves the drive
torque can stop the the sliding joints in the drive shafts, from sliding
and that prevents the trucks from straightening up.  This is a known
problem of the 12"=1 foot scale Shays too!

Also check if any drive gears have come loose on either the axles or the
drive shafts - that can do funny things too. Fix with Loctite.

Finally are the adjustable wheels set centrally and in line with each other?

Jim Gregg.