Kevin,
  I have found that large Olive Oil cans are made of thin steel,
thicker than you asked for, I think, but if you are going to use it as a
boiler wrapper, thicker might be better.
I know it looks good for ore cars!
Terry Griner
Columbus Ohio

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/18/02 01:54PM >>>
Does anyone know of a source for .005 steel sheet? The hobby shops
tend
to have brass, copper, and aluminum, but not steel.

I've been using blackened brass sheet for boiler jackets with very
nice
results, but it dawned on me that most folks describe boiler jackets
as
resembling a blackened gunmetal. Seems logical to me, then, that all
one
would have to do would be to get some thin sheet steel, and some gun
blackening agent, and viola!! All we have to do is find steel that
thin.

No, I don't want a list of Yugo dealers.

Later,