TonyO wrote:
>subject.....PPS Mock DeWinton
>The engineering of the loco is well thought out except for the displacement
luber that is
>between the boila' and steam shut off and pulls any oil back into the
boila'
>without much provication when the fire goes out...he has to clean out the
>oil buildup in the boila daily...ugh!

    TonyO,

Howdy and welcome to the list. Love your gritty oysters! I don't have said
locomotive but I would wonder if the cylinders are getting enough oil.
Change the plumbing to move the lubricator between the steam valve and the
cylinders and make sure it uses plenty of steam oil. This should improve the
power and allow you to run slower and also solve the "oil in the 'boila' "
problem... I reserve the right to be completly wrong. :_)

Carl

Carl Malone
Algerita Botanical Railway
San Angelo, Tx