At 02:20 PM 10/24/02 -0400, you wrote:
>However, when they die, if they want their wife to realize a realistic
>return on their investment,

Keith,
       The questions here would be was it bought as an "investment" to
begin with, and then was it a smart way to invest?  If the answer to either
of these questions is no then there's no guarrantee, except by purest
accident, that at check-out time it will turn into an investment, certainly
one which made money.  I know my machines will hold a substantial value but
did I buy them thinking they'd be worth more than I paid for them when it
came time to sell?  No, so when it does come time to sell I can't be too
upset (if I'm still around) that they didn't turn out to be a profitable
investment.  The intended R.O.I, having fun practicing my hobby, was taken
while I was alive.

Regards,
Harry