Graham,

I didn't see any response on you alky leak, or I may have missed one.
Alcohol has a lower viscosity, does it not, and it is lighter than water
with less surface tension too so it will leak out of a pin hole where water
may not.

Close the feed valves and put air in the tank and submerge it in water or
gin--whichever is handiest. The bubbles will tell you where the leak is.
Then drink the gin while you fix the leak. I had a leaking tank on a
Finescale 48XX and that is the only way I could find it.  After that show,
I  performed the test whether the tank was leaking or not--Hic!

Geoff.