Having cut away a fallen fruit tree last year, I sympathize Bob!
Track survived just fine, since branches kept the trunk from crushing rail.
It did flatten the fence, but fortunately, I had just removed and cleaned up
the buildings prior to the rains causing the tree to fall.
Gary - slogging thru another winter in Eugene, Oregon
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor

Good for you Dave!  Me, I am facing a dilema with my track.  They have to
drop this huge dead tree in my back yard.  Landlord won't say when, just
that
they are going to do it.  It will land right on the track, or at the very
least they will leave all the trunks right smack in the middle.  I think it
will be up to me to cut it up and burn, haul it away.  I am a bit bummed
with
the prospects.
Bob