In a message dated 3/11/03 1:36:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< There is no reason for the piston to touch the cylinder wall >>
OK Mike, I realize that it need not, but how come there are countless books
written with chapters on the process of good running fits on pistons.  I find
this interesting as I am just now refurbishing a cylinder that was in my
scrap pile.  When I ran it, I had a lot of blowby and when I took the piston
out there was .015 difference between the bore.  I did not measure the oring
dimension but I suspect that was more the trouble.  I actually have ruined
more piston cutting the groove than missing that diameter.  I just love it
when the tool grabs the work and bends the rod and all!
Bob