The survey was taken by Aster,  It was almost a year ago, they wanted input
on what we wanted to see next in a U.S./ North American outline engine, and
what type of fuel, I don't remember what other questions. However the
results showed almost as many different engines an there were responses to
the survey. But the one thing that was VERY  conclusive was the preference
for spirit firing. I have owned gas fired engines and I never had any of the
problems I read about, other then the cold weather.( It was a Frank S, which
I ran in the snow with RC, when finished the fuel tank would be empty and
covered with ice!) However I much prefer spirit fired engines, as do many
others in this hobby. Aster it appears is aware of this, looking at all
recent offerings. I hope Accucraft gives it a try.
Jeff in NC