Walt, I'm not critsizing what you did, but this is from someone who prefers
meth over gas. Did you build a new boiler for the Reno, or did you build a
gas burner that fit in place of the original burner?  That smithies boiler
was always  tempermental, is it better with gas firing? I'm one of those
that started with a Frank S and after building an 8550 from kit, I found gas
firing.. too "easy" ? I also feel more comfortable when doing maintanence on
engines that I have built. And I just like the "hands on" of the meth firing
I think. The more controls to play with the more fun! My last engine was the
Mike I built when they first came out,several years ago.   It looks like it
will be a long wait for another meth fired  u.s. mainline engine ( I can't
spend 20k for Asters H-8 )  Accucraft is doing a nice job for the Narrow
gauge, gas fired market, and I think this is very good for the hobby. Sorry
to say the used market is very hi for used aster  u.s. mainline.
 I know I'm in the minority in this hobby ( I also enjoy driving a manual
transmission vehicles) but after I get these taxes paid, I willl resume
looking....
BTW any pics of the track expansion?
Jeff in NC