Hello Group, I had been hearing rumors that Roundhouse was planning some changes on the #24. I E mailed them and this was the reply:
They are revamping the SR&RL #24 and springing the chassis. The springs will give up and down movement only. Will help the model hold the track better and should increase the weight it can pull a little. The tender will be non-water carrying, as is the Fowlers, and a water top up system similar to the Darjeeling will be fitted that allows the boiler to be topped up using a pump bottle. This system cannot be fitted to older SR&RL #24's without replacing the complete boiler.

Thought some might be interested, Steve Speck