Harry Wade wrote:

At 07:03 AM 8/18/03 -0700, you wrote:

My bad. Actually, in checking the plans, I see that the working pressure is 35 psi, not 40, and Gordon DOES suggest testing to 120 psi. Royce

Royce, That too isn't as bad as it sounds. I've felt for a long time that regardless of its intended actual WP, anything we make should be able to take 100psi without any negative effects, visible or otherwise.

Regards,
Harry

Well, my thinking at the time was that 140 psi is not all that high, and if the boiler couldn't take that without damage, my confidence in the "safety factor" would have been badly shaken. 140 psi doesn't seem all that far away from working pressure should water become scarce in the boiler. The important thing is that it held without a problem. Now where's that blower fan ? (Scott, your check is in the mail). :)

Thanks to all for your input and support.

royce in SB