Geoff ...

When I first set rail to tie on the East Serendipity Railway these many years ago I never thought I would be such a trend setter ... having built dual gauge track with gauges 1 and 2 some years ago, I was pleased to discover that with the rail width used I was left with about 16.5mm (i.e. HO gauge) between the two rails opposite the common rail. (And I was only thinking of running some standard gauge equipment to highlight the nature of our narrow gauge prototypes.)

Pete Jobusch