Royce,

Yes, it's the torch that has a hose connecting to a standard propane bottle, with the shut off valve and regulator as part of the bottle fitting. The nozzle is adjustable to control the flame size.

Also I referred to it as a "butane" torch. It's a propane torch.

Let us know how it works out.

Steve

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Steve Shyvers wrote:

Royce,

I used Alpha Metals 2% silver / 98% tin soft solder

Gonna get some this weekend.

I used a butane micro torch made by Bernz-o-matic.

Is this the one that has a hose connecting to a standard propane bottle ? That's what I have.

The 2% silver solder is very easy to work with. It flows much easier than tin/lead solder and the flux cleans up with water.

That's encouraging news.

The higher melting temperature silver solder provides some piece of mind with regard to the tanks' integrity in service compared to tin/lead solder.

Steve

Consider your advice taken. Thanks.

royce in SB