Hi Folks,

I'm looking to make a weenie van Riemsdijk "Type B" (alcohol-fired smoke tube) boiler for an O gauge & scale 0-6-0 tender engine. I've been reading the Eddie Cooke articles for making a boiler for the Bassett-Lowke mogul, and his notes call for a 20swg walled tube. LBSC calls for the same thickness for his Bat and Owl.

20swg comes out to about .036" or 0.194mm. So far I've checked OnLineMetals.com and the Reeves catalogue, but all their tubes in the OD I'm looking for (1.25", 3.75mm) are 16swg (.064", 1.62mm).

Is 16swg too heavy for such a tiny boiler? Can someone suggest a place to locate 20swg copper tubing in 1.25" OD?

Thanks for any suggestions, etc.
Regards,
Bede McCormack