Sorry I forgot to answer your questions. The flame tube's (poker burner)life
should not be affected because butane and propane burn at the same temp.
(1500 degrees)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Bede McCormack
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 6:34 PM
To: Multiple recipients of sslivesteam
Subject: Re: Running Propane instead of butane

Hi Chad,

Any chance burning propane will shorten the life of the boiler,
especially the "flame tube" the burner pokes into?

Also, yes, very nice site.  The video of your whistle seems to show an
eccentric pump in the tender- is this a water pump?  Any chance you'll
post a short description of how you set this up?  I've always wanted to
do this on one of my locos and would welcome any ideas!

Thanks,
Bede McC.