I have never built a boiler.  A scrap metal place nearby often has thick
walled copper pipe the right diameter for a boiler.  Since any, much less
"good boiler building technique" is in my experience . . . what instruction
guidelines exist?  Where is it possible to learn?
Steaming & Sparking over Terror Trestle in Eugene, Oregon ~ Gary
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor

"   I would say one important consideration in that instance, in addition
to using good boiler building technique, would be to use water tubes which
are as thick-walled as you can find, certainly thicker than standard soft
copper plumbing tubing.

Regards,
Harry"