A trick I read about to check if your machine is sending out the stuff: create a bogus e-mail address in you e-mail directory say [EMAIL PROTECTED] If a virus gets in your computer and uses your mailing list you will get a message back that your letter to [EMAIL PROTECTED] couldn't be delivered. If you ever get the message, you will know you have a problem.

From: Clark Lord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of sslivesteam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ?
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:13:00 -0700

And it didn't start here either. I use the very latest anti-virus software which is updated daily. It checks each message both coming in and going out. It's really aggravating when this stuff happens.

And Harry, here is another chance for you to get a "special" message. :)

Hugs

Clark

Dave Cole wrote:

Mr. Lunkenheimer is one smart pooch.

This sounds to me as though someone out there has Clark and a few other people in their Outlook Express address book. A virus got ahold of those names and addresses and then sent everyone in the address book spam, picking Clark's and others' names to forge in the "from" field.

Since we operate this list in a Microsoft-free environment which spits back viruses, worms, trojan horses and pretty anything that isn't plain text and steam-related, this problem didn't start here.

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963