At 09:55 AM 5/2/04 -0600, you wrote:
>Ask and you may find that everyone will do it.
>-vance-

Vance,
        I think most automotive castings are done this way now, certainly
engines, manifolds, and such, and apparently it's a technique which makes
moulding for the home foundryman much easier as there are no flasks,
matchplates, coring, mulling, ramming up, etc, to be fooled with.  Just
pack it in sand, poke vents in it, and pour away.  But I don't intend to
become a home foundryman, and I did call our local bronze foundry, and even
with almost 40 years in the casting business he'd never even heard of lost
foam!  That's why I have to find a source elsewhere.

Regards,
Harry