----- Original Message -----
From: "Vance Bass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Jim, if I recall correctly, the Creekside Baldwin was just a heavily
modified Mamod. So
> that leaves only the Cricket -- a sad and shameful record, in my
opinion.

Hi Guys,
While I agree that this is a shameful record, it is not absolutely
complete, as it is not including some very nice No. 1 gauge steamers
that were made here in the past, those of toymaker Boucher, of New York
City. They made a dandy No. 1 gauge Pacific in both electric and live
steam power. I believe the basic design was cribbed from one by Henry
Greenly, the noted British model designer. But Boucher made some very
nice models, and their live steam equipment was manufactured for them by
Anton Bohoboy, first in Brooklyn, NY and late from a shop behind his
home in Rahway, New Jersey. Bohoboy also made the steam plants for the
Boucher steam boats, and stationary engines, as well as a live steam
power plant, that could be placed in the tender of a "Buddy-L" push toy
steam locomotive's tender, to make it a powered model. The Bohoboy flash
steam speed boats's were even raced in amateur model speed boat
contests, in their Boucher made hulls.
A small footnote to be sure, but they were commercially made high
quality No. 1 gauge live steam model locomotives, and made in reasonable
numbers. You will occasionally see them for sale at auction, or at the
TCA meets in York, Pennsylvania.
Keith Taylor